This cummerbund retrofit kit allows you to take advantage of the Arbor Arms FLEX cummerbund system on your IOTVgen4, SPCS gen2, MSVgen1 or MSVgen2 without losing the built-in-doff and don capabilities of the National Molding Quad Release System. (if you have an SPCSgen1 see our SPCSgen1 product page)
Advantages of FLEX cummerbund on your system
- Perfect Ergonomic fit for Males and Females of every size, and body type – Each MOLLE row can be adjusted individually to accommodate every body type i.e. inverted triangle, column, pear while keeping MOLLE columns aligned for attachment of gear.)
- Increased comfort
- Breathability – The Slotted Elastic of the FLEX system allow the gear to be snug at both the top and the bottom of your breath reducing bounce while running without restricting breathing
- Superior Side SAPI placement – The elasticity of the cummerbund allows the side SAPIs to remain high and snug through the full cycle of breathing providing unbroken protection to the thoracic cavity
- Maximizes MOLLE real-estate both internally and externally on cummerbund – Allowing for low to no access items like side SAPIs and radios to be mounted internally while mounting high access items like magazines and GP pouches externally
- Reduced Fatigue – Due to the reduced bouncy of your kit less energy is wasted during long movements and oxygen levels stay higher due to breath-ability
- Superior Movement – Items attached internally to the cummerbund create a lower profile allowing for ease of movement both in and out of confined spaces
- Ease of Adjustment and Snivel gear flex – Unlike the stock adjustment fine adjustments can be made and the elasticity allows for putting on and taking off snivel gear without adjusting the cummerbund
Excellent piece of equipment that should be a part of every warfighter’s kit. The more breathable design is a lifesaver in hot or humid climates. Adding equipment is easy and the low profile design for SAPI side plates ensures its light weight. Probably most useful is the elastic; it allows the carrier to stay in place when running without the typical hop up, expands to accommodate a variety of uniforms such as cold weather or rain gear, and ensures a snug comfortable fit. If you don’t have this, you’re wrong.
. (verified owner) –
I purchased this to try and help improve my issued IOTV and it is a huge upgrade. It was a bit tricky to install the cummerbund but once completed, you notice a massive difference. Feels great and doesn’t sag much with side plates attached. Only time will tell if this thing will hold up in the field. Overall I highly recommend to purchase in order to improve your kit.